May 1998-My group of girlfriends from Timpview and Jason's group of guys from Mountain View and Orem met at a Thanksgiving Point dance (we used to rock those dances all the time). Jason's brother, Brett, and my friend, Jess, were the instigators of the whole thing. We started hanging out through the summer, and when Jason went to Snow College in the Fall, I finally told Brett that I liked Jason, because I couldn't actually tell Jason that myself. I was still in high school, and that is just how those things work then. Brett told Jason that I liked him and Jason called me from Ephraim and asked me out for that Friday night (lots of girly squealing and jumping around at this point).
August 1998-This picture is us on our first date at the "piece of cement" on the way to Stuart Falls. Being teenagers, we saw no danger hiking in the mountains in the dark in the middle of the night. This is my favorite picture of us when we were dating. Jason looks completely hammered. I wouldn't find out until years later that he has a compulsive problem with closing his eyes in pictures which would cause me large amounts of frustration.
February 1999-Jason left for his mission to Tacoma, Washington. We had broken up right before he left. Notice me keeping a safe distance. It seems weird now to see all of us standing outside his portal. This was back in the days when massive amounts of people were allowed inside the airport.
June 23, 2001-Jason got home from his mission in February of 2001, we got engaged a few weeks later and we got married a few months after that. This was the day I received my endowment in the Provo temple. It was a really great day. I don't know if it's just me, or if this post really was way too big, but I couldn't fit all of the pictures on one, so read on, if you're still with me.
4 comments:
i like seeing brian with all that hair- and blonde!
Seriously Katie, you two are one of those couples who get even more beautiful as time goes by! It's so fun to see your pictures and read the story of how you two began!! Thanks for sharing!!
So cute!
guess i was just there in spirit. What day was that group picture?
Post a Comment