4.23.2009

Way Back When~Continued


JUNE 2001-I wish I could go back in time and shake some sense into myself for having my eyebrows like this. How did my mom let me do that?

JUNE 27, 2001-We got married in the Salt Lake Temple. My Grandpa sealed us, which was really special. It's funny that my favorite wedding picture turned out to be this snapshot that my brother, Donny, took when we came out of the temple.

I couldn't get this grin off my face all day. Some of our pictures are hilarious because I am smiling so big. Does anyone else who got married more than five years ago wish that they could redo their wedding choices? I would definitely not be wearing that illusion pearl necklace, I can tell you that much.
Outside of the Joseph Smith Memorial Building where we had our wedding dinner. We didn't do a reception, but we had a dinner, program and dancing for about 150 of our family and friends. I would do that the same. We loved it.

Soon after we got married we went to Oregon for Jason's cousin, Heather's, wedding. I just love this picture because I think we look like we're fifteen. So, there's my recap. If anyone actually reads this whole thing, I'll be very surprised. But for my own record, I'm pretty glad I married this guy. I like him a whole lot.

9 comments:

Mark and Jana said...

Great post Katie. It was fun to read your story. I'm with you on the blogging thing. I am still not very good at it- but I try. Keep the posts coming.

- I also love the picture of your first date. You look gorgeous.

Sarah said...

you guys do look fifteen! i loved reading your recap. can you believe how young we were when we met our future husbands? imagine halle meeting her husband in ten years! we were babies.

i'm with you on the wedding thing. there is a lot i would do differently- i think i had some sort of floating pears with crystals and some dinky earrings. i can't think about it all too much or i get annoyed.

Krista and Eric said...

I read the whole thing! And I'm really glad you married that guy too! It is fun to see all those pictures.

karlee said...

I also read the whole thing, and I am also glad you married that guy! You guys really do look so young! I love the pictures!

Emily said...

I love those pictures with Matt in them they are way funny. It's fun to look back at what ya'll used to look like.

Molly and Jason said...

I read it- and I loved it! It's fun seeing your blog, even if you do only keep up on it once a month!

Karyn said...

You're so beautiful! Keep posting, blogging is my way to keep up on everything!

Anonymous said...

I read it and thought it was fabulous!!!

marianne said...

Aahhh, young love (sigh!)... Can't wait for more! Seriously, could you two be any more beautiful? I mean, really.

On weddings: I'd have nixed my reception. Dave, too. ...I mean, both Dave and I would have nixed the reception, not I'd have nixed Dave. Please. He was the best part. And PS, I will consider myself the best of mothers if I can convince my girls to do the same.

Love the blog.