6.14.2009

Hooray For Swimming!

Before we left for South Carolina, we had a couple of fun swimming days. We went out to our old pool at Cambria with Heather and the girls, and even Doug for awhile. The highlight, for me, was when sweet, mellow Doug yelled at some teenage kid who almost jumped on Rya in the pool. The highlight for Halle was finding out that Kali had the same swimming suit.

Jenny Lynn, in our ward, invited us to her daughter, Ava's, birthday party which was at Marian's pool. This is our favorite place to swim. It's so pretty and nice to not have a million kids almost drowning your beginning swimmers. I'm afraid I might be turning into a public pool snob like my dad. Some day I really want my own.

This guy loves the water. He could sit on that stair for hours on end and be this happy.

Ah, the blissful days of eating an ice cream cone outside without it melting all over you. Eating ice cream in humidity is such a joke. There will be pictures of what I'm referring to in a later post.
I think this might have been Nash's first ever ice cream cone. I can't really be positive because he's my third child so my memory of his life is sort of a blur, but I'm relatively certain. Anyway, he was so happy about this thing. But, the cruel irony of a baby eating an ice cream cone is there are so many opportunities for disaster. Shortly after this happy picture, he stood up and dumped the whole ice cream scoop on the grass. This resulted in the most heartbreaking crying so I gave him the cone I was eating and, once again, all was well. Just a few minutes later, however, he tripped on the sidewalk, dropping and crushing his ice cream cone underneath him and smearing ice cream all over his tragic little face. Jenny Lynn's sweet mom hurried and made him his third and final cone, which he finally was able to finish without incident, thank goodness. Despite the trauma, he is now completely hooked on this sweet treat.

3 comments:

Molly and Jason said...

I love the pics! Nash is so cute! He has such a different look than Gray. Gotta love icecream cones! Carter has been hooked since Grandmas' houes last summer. LOVE the sticky mess!How's SC?

Molly and Jason said...

PS- all of your kids are so cute- it's just that Nash is the one that's changing so much right now. I'm sure you got that right?

Karyn said...

So fun! And it's okay ~ I'm a public pool snob too!