7.29.2009

Greenville~Week Five

June 28th
Swim Exhaustion

Heading to the driving range.

Halle's lesson

This girl has a great golf and baseball swing.




First coach pitch game.

Watching the game.

Playing catch on the hill across from our building.


Halle really wanted me to wear my Yankees shirt to the game.

She picked #1 since my shirt has #1, too.


Daddy gave the boys new short haircuts because they both get the sweatiest heads.

We had no room in the car for decorations, so we had to make our own. I like them even better.


On the 4th of July, we went to a barbecue at a family in our ward's house. Her name is Katie and her birthday is on the 4th of July, too, so we had to be friends. We had the best lunch there and I tried my first ever chocolate ganache cake from Publix and fell completely in love. It's amazing. I've always loved Costco cake, but Publix cake puts them completely to shame. I made Jason stop on the way home from fireworks that night and I bought a whole chocolate ganache cake for myself. Happy Birthday to me.

Leave it to Gray to find a "weapon" anywhere he goes.

I loved Katie's neighborhood. It looked like a movie set. Everything was perfectly neat and clean and the houses were adorable.

I love the architecture here.

The Children's Park in downtown Greenville.

I love how they've built a beautiful place like this under an overpass so it will never become a scary, dirty area, like they usually are.


I don't really know why there's a statue of a pig, but it's a great picture spot.


Watching the fireworks with some friends. The city firework shows aren't really big like in Utah, but bottle rockets aren't illegal here so people mostly do their own. Our sparks were coming down right into the grass and trees, but everything is so green that nothing burns.


Sarah, Halle, Maddie, and their cousin Sammy.

This face of Halle's cracks me up every time.

2 comments:

Molly and Jason said...

Wow! I have forgotten about your blog- and just spent about 30 minutes reading everything you've been up to. I love all the pics- it looks like you guys are having so much fun! And can I just say, I'm kind of in love with Nash right now. And I love that your kids have big heads too- mine are doomed to that fate.

Jules said...

I didn't know you had a blog!
you are now on my google reader! :)
cute pics--hope you guys are loving your summer adventure!