June 21st
For Father's Day, we all left Jason and drove down to Florida to stay with Jess and Dustin. I felt like a horrible wife, but we sure had a great time (sorry, Jase).
Hooray for the beach!
Once in a while, Nash makes this face which I think looks exactly like Logan Sundberg when he was younger. Does anyone see it?

Halle and Tatum are best friends. Halle says that they're "always on the same side because Tatum can read my mind." Whatever that means.

Halle's one enjoyment at the beach: staying a good distance from the water.

Grandpa spent a good portion of his pool time pulling kids around on boogie boards.

I love these two beautiful ladies. We went to TCBY after the beach one day and there was a cute Asian lady working there who asked me if they were both my sisters. I said, "That one's my sister and that one's my mom." She said, "Oh. Mom doesn't look like Mom." When I gave Mom the compliment, Dad complained that no one ever says that he looks like the brother. I think it's just the bald head that gives you away, Dad. You're still as ruggedly handsome as ever.

All seven official members of "The Peeps Club."

This is my favorite. They each look hilarious. I'm still mad at Gray for refusing to be in it.

Uncle Dustin generously teaching Gray how to skateboard on his brand new Father's Day present. Thanks, Dust!

Gray thinks Dustin is SO cool. He told me while we were there that "Dustin's muscles are really big and hard." Maybe not quite as big as Uncle Donny's, but close.

Rockin' their new rashgaurds.

This summer is turning me into a beach-lover for the first time ever. I've never been a big fan in the past. Too sandy and hot and uncomfortable. I think I'm slowly converting.




Grandpa taught Gray how to do the boogie board. He caught on really well and had so much fun. Gray was my only kid who really loved the water.

Waiting for a wave. (Gray thought this swimming suit of my dad's was so cool. We saw one really similar to it at Old Navy and Gray was dying to get it, but they didn't have his size. Sad.)

After our "date." I was the fifth wheel without Jason, but it was still really fun. We went to the best Mexican place ever and then saw "The Proposal" which was a funny movie, but made a hundred times funnier because I watched it sitting in between my mom and Jess who are the loudest, hardest laughers in the world. I love watching movies with them. The best part, however, was in the previews. During the preview of the new Leonardo DiCaprio movie, my dad leaned over to my mom and asked, totally serious, "Is that Matt Damon or Brad Pitt?" My mom whispered it to me and then I whispered it to Jess just as the preview ended and it was completely silent in the theater and Jess laughed the loudest laugh I have ever heard. Oh, the other best part was when I came out of the bathroom and Dustin jumped out from behind the garbage can and yelled at me and I jumped and screamed so loud, and then couldn't stop laughing and crying for the next 20 minutes.

Getting ready to see "Up" in 3-D. We LOVED it!

Grandma and Grandpa bought each grandkid a Webkin after the movie. Nash loves his dinosaur now, but he cried hard when we made him leave the bright yellow bangle bracelet that he wanted in the store.

Dinosaur face

Nash has learned to climb up slides, and there is no going back.

There's a park in Niceville that we refer to as the Bubble Park because it has a castle that blows bubbles. The other half of it has really fun water toys.

Nash found a speaker that was playing Sesame Street songs. He was completely mesmerized by it. He sat like this watching it forever. I guess he really is an old-fashioned baby.

Grandpa trying to help Nash figure out where Grover is.

The Bubble Park

I love this picture because we are all such dorky wannabe models.

I think we spent about 8 hours total in this pool. It's Ron and DeAnn's pool at their condo, and it is gorgeous!

Jason had the brilliant idea to meet in Atlanta on our way home on Friday and go to a Braves game. Jess and Dust decided to come too and it was a great time despite the horrendous heat and humidity. I think I've pretty much gotten used to the humidity by now. It doesn't really bother me anymore, but this day was a joke. When we met up with Jess and Dust in the stadium, the first thing Jess said to me was, "It is so dang hot! I've been cursing under my breath the whole time." And I said, "Me too!"

I'm mad that this picture is grainy because it is so sweet. I'm glad that Gray and Ashton have finally figures out that they can be friends.

Nash just woke up from a good long nap.

On Saturday we went to see the Olympic Park. Another beyond sweltering day. I've always thought that "Hotlanta" was the stupidest nickname ever for a city, but it is so fitting.

Could anyone have more of a gymnast body than all of Jess' girls? It's crazy.

The glass-ceiling elevator was the highlight of the weekend, I think.

The CNN Center

Cute guys

We love these girls! We can't wait to resume "The Peeps Club" this weekend!
1 comment:
I love this post! I laughed out loud a lot! And yes, that picture of Nash DOES look like Logan! It reminds me of the picture of him and Halle and Eric and Krista's wedding.
Post a Comment