7.21.2009

Greenville~Week Three

Sunday, June 14
This post has so many pictures. I'm just warning you now. I maybe should have done this some other way besides weeks, but there's no going back now.
In front of our building after church.

Outside our front door. I love the bare foot look.

My future missionaries.

If we ever have a kid with a small head, they'll look like they've been photoshopped into every picture. Can you imagine Sadie's tiny head in this picture?

Watching a South Carolina thunderstorm. They are pretty intense.

Our Sunday afternoon family movie day. They seem to be enjoying it. I believe this week was High School Musical 3. It was Jason's first time, lucky guy.

Towards the end of the movie, Nash got bored and had found something to occupy himself in the kitchen for quite a while. I wondered what he was doing, but didn't think too much about it since he wasn't bothering us. When we turned the movie off, this is what I found in the kitchen sink. The clothes that you see are from the basket of clean clothes that was on the floor. Thanks, Nashy.
Monday

Jojo sent the kids a card with money in it to go get Frosty's and fries to dip at Wendy's. We went after swimming and they clearly enjoyed it immensely. We love Jojo!

Tuesday
We went to Heritage Park in Simpsonville with Rosalind and her kids Kate (9), Claire (5) and Bowan (3). This is the neatest park. It has 4 big, nice baseball fields in the center of it and then on either end they have 2 playgrounds. One is a more typical playground and the other is a baseball themed park. They also have free train rides on Saturday and Sunday.

Gray wasn't quite tall enough. Kate's holding him up.

Masters of the rock-climbing wall.

It's set right in the middle of the trees. I love all of the trees here. One day, however, when we were driving, Gray suddenly said, "Aaaah, I hate all of these trees everywhere. Everything is too green." I guess he's a desert boy like Jason. Jason thinks that Utah is way more beautiful. I think Utah's beautiful, too, but I don't know if I could say way more than here.

Pete and Repeat


Where's Waldo?
Wednesday

The movie theater near us shows free movies during the summer every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday morning. This day we saw "Mr. Bean's Summer Holiday." Surprisingly, it was quite entertaining. The kids loved it.
Thursday
Grandma and Grandpa come to visit! We were all so excited!

Halle and Gray couldn't wait to give my mom the gifts they had made for them. A book card that Halle had made and a paper flower bouquet.

The night they got here, we ate at a restaurant called City Range. It was delicious!

The kids loved all of the one on one time they got with Grandma and Grandpa.

Nash was so happy. I don't think he stopped eating the entire time. My dad was laughing his head off at how much that boy can eat.

After dinner, we went downtown to show them Main Street, our favorite place.



It had rained hard for a couple of days before this. The river was so muddy and high because of it. Not nearly as pretty as the first time we came.

Falls Park

On Main Street, there are 9 mice hidden along the street for kids to find. We found 7 of them this night. The kids were so excited every time. This was the first one we found. He's dressed like the guy he's standing by.

Every night they have Christmas lights lit in the trees.

This is the first mouse that Nash saw up close. He kept slowly reaching his finger out and touching it and then laughing so hard.

I think that the guy who took this didn't notice Nash down there in the stroller.
Friday
We ate breakfast with my parents at their hotel and then they came swimming at our pool. The kids had so much fun swimming with Grandpa. He helped them a lot with their swimming. After this, Halle just took off with her swimming.
He's totally manly enough to pull off pink.

I love when kids take pictures. No Diving!

Greenville Drive game. They're a 1 A baseball team, like the Orem Owlz. There were no tickets left in chairs, so we were on the hill, which would have been great, except it was brutally hot and the hill was so steep that I felt like we were hanging on for dear life.

Go Drive!

Nash meeting Reedy or "Greedy" as Gray called him.

Jason teaching Gray the game.

Halle and Gray LOVE Reedy!

Saturday
The kids had another coach pitch practice and afterward we went to show my parents the Denny's building.
Nash has kind of got that smoldering look going on.

Jason in his cubicle.

Message to Dad.

If you weren't sure, Gray is doing a rock star pose, and Halle's modeling.

Outside Denny's Headquarters

There is a beautiful garden in the front of the Denny's building. I think this is right after Nash's balloon blew away, because he looks upset.


After this we went home to give the kids a nap and watched a movie, and then that night, my dad asked the kids where they wanted to go eat dinner, and of course, it was Denny's.

3 comments:

Trishelle said...

What fun!! It looks like you are having all sorts of adventures!!

JoDee said...

OK Now I totally miss you guys! I am excited you will be home in a little over a week. WOW! You have some great memories though. Love you guys. Jojo

Lindsay said...

Hey Katie!Such fun pictures! You have the Cutest family!