3.11.2010

Lake Powell

This Lake Powell trip was so much fun. My parents' good friends, the Patch's, let us stay on their adorable houseboat. The kids loved it! They thought it was the coolest thing that's ever happened. We were there for 3 days and 2 nights. Nash didn't get to come because he doesn't know how to swim yet, which is Grandpa's rule for the boat. It's a good rule. Halle and Gray were thrilled to get to go.

This is my very favorite picture ever of Halle. We had just woken the kids up and gotten out of the car and look how excited she is to be there. The boys aren't quite as chipper.
As soon as we got to the houseboat the night before, my dad took us straight out the back door to sit on the ski boat and eat Ding Dongs while we looked at the stars. The next morning, Halle and Gray were so excited to get out on the water.
Going to the marina store to get supplies.

Helping Grandpa drive the boat.

Love that Grandma.


First time out on the freeboards. They were a little nervous at first.
Getting confident.


We found this tower that was just barely covered with water out in the middle of a canyon. We loved playing around on the top of it.

First time out by themselves. It took us until the last day to convince Halle to go out by herself, and once she did, she didn't want to stop. I think she went for half an hour at one time.
Handsome Boys
We loved this little cove.
The tiny specks near the top of the sand are my parents.
I felt awful this day. I was so sick. There was a horrible stomach bug that JoDee caught the day we were leaving. I don't know if I had that or if it was pregnancy or being on the houseboat or a combination, but I've hardly ever felt sicker than I did on this trip. Every time we got back to the houseboat after being out for the day, I'd throw up in the water. The first time, Gray saw me and said, "Mom, you're throwing up!" My mom responded, "She knows, Gray."
Grandpa loves to throw the grandkids. Halle wouldn't have it, but Gray loved it. He was quite the flyer.
Jason wake surfing.
I'm really good at it. Not really. I always feel like I'm going to run into the boat.
Go Grandpa!
This was the coolest series of islands that were connected by rock just underneath the water so we could walk between them. We spent a long time climbing on them and jumping off. So fun.
Good-bye lovely Lake Powell. We'll miss you.

No comments: