11.01.2010

The Rest of July

Jess and the girls came in July to visit. It was so great to have them here. We had a picnic in the park the night they got here and then, of course, played some baseball.
Nash went through a phase where he would only do funny faces in pictures. When we went to get our pool passes, and the guy called Nash's name to take his picture, Nash stood in front of the camera and made the same face he's making in this one. It's my favorite.

Nash and Ashton have a serious love/hate relationship. They are just like brother and sister. They will play so well and be loving each other one minute and then fighting like crazy the next.
We're hoping they'll outgrow this phase soon.
Sunday dinner. It was so weird for a long time to be by ourselves for Sunday dinner. I honestly cooked 2 or 3 times on Sundays our whole marriage until we moved. We both loved spending the day with our families and it was hard to be missing that. It was actually just last week that I told Jason I'm finally feeling like I enjoy being just our little family on Sunday. Not having to make a big meal if I don't want to, hanging out in sweats, not having to go anywhere, and just playing together. It's really nice. I'm glad I finally feel that way. A few months ago, I never thought I would. By the way, this chicken and apple curry and coconut rice is so good. Let me know if you want the recipes and I can post them.
Jude's first time in his Bumbo. He's got some big brothers who are very excited for him.
I asked Gray to get Jude a toy to play with. Talk about hooking a brother up.
This is my good friend, Natalie and her little girl, Grace. This is seriously like a week before she had her baby. I've never seen anyone look so great when they're pregnant. She's going to hate me for saying that. (Sorry, Natalie). I've been so glad that she's here. We get along great and have so much in common. She actually just moved here in May from Salt Lake. Nash loves this girl. He talks about marrying Grace like it's just common knowledge that it's going to happen. Nash had a tatoo on his arm from a Happy Meal that stayed on for literally a month until Jason finally scrubbed it off a few days ago. After it had been there for a couple of weeks, I was bathing Nash one day and asked him if that tatoo was still going to be there when he got married. He quickly responded, "Yes. Grace is going to love it."
The fountains at Waterway Square.
The happy couple. Their kids will have huge heads.

2 comments:

Ellery Pugmire said...

sooo adorable. i love the stories about nash and grace- hilarious. i also loved the "hooking a brother up" story and picture. miss you guys already. xoxo, elle

Kate said...

I miss you too. I was a little depressed for a couple of days there. Hooray for Christmas!