3.26.2011

Grandma Comes For A Visit!

My mom came to visit in March. She was here for 12 days! It was so great to have her here. Didn't everyone celebrate Ash Wednesday? At school, the kids went to mass for Ash Wednesday, and they had an ash wiped on their foreheads. I still don't know what this means. Maybe I should look it up. Ice skating at school. They're really starting to get the hang of it. The gym teacher, Mr. Doyle, told me that Gray is skating really fast. He said he just needs to learn how to stop. To stop now, he flops down on his bum. Gray told me he's doing it on purpose. Still, it's probably a good skill to have as an ice skater. Halle's doing great, too. She doesn't even use the "pushy" anymore. Nash loved watching the boys play hockey. Some of these little second graders tore out onto the ice like professionals. Watching is not the funnest thing. It is freezing cold in there.

Gray and Nash both wearing their hats "like Uncle Donny." Pretty sweet.
We took Grandma to Cape Spear twice. The first day it was too foggy to even see the lighthouse from the parking lot. The next day, it looked like this.
Still freezing, though.
Poor little sick Jude. He was teething and had a little cold. Reading with Grandma. Nashy's smile says it all.




We loved Gnomeo and Juliet. Please notice Nash's glasses. Getting ready for dinner and a baptism of a new convert in our branch. At the baptism, just as Matt came out of the water, Nash turned to me and said, "I'm so exciting to grow up and do that!" Oh, here's a story for you. See my incredibly young-looking mom here. While she was here, she went to Enrichment with me, and at the end, the Branch President got up and told everyone that at church that week after meeting President Reed and seeing his wife for the first time (they'd been out of town since we got here) they were talking about us after church. President Reed said that we have four "munchkins" (he calls kids munchkins exclusively) and Sister Reed said, "They have the oldest girl. . ." President Reed said, "Yes, she's 8." Sister Reed said, "No, she's 15 or 16." President said, "That's Brother Sundberg's wife." "No, it's not." She was so insistent that I could not have been Jason's wife. She thought my mom was his wife and I was their teenage daughter. It was a pretty good compliment for my mom and I. Maybe not so much for Jase.


The kids played games on my mom's ipod the whole time. Jason and I don't have ipod's so it's quite a novelty. I felt really bad, though, when she got home and found that every single song and book had been deleted. Oops. Sorry, Grandma. Jude thought he was the greatet thing ever sitting on this ledge above our booth.
High Five!
Waiting and waiting and waiting for our food. People are not fast here. Plan on two hours for eating at a restaurant, always. We love you Grandma! Thanks for the visit.

1 comment:

Ellery Pugmire said...

I am always SOOOO happy when I come across a new post on your blog. Your kids look like models in EVERY picture. I cannot believe how adorable Nashy is, and please make sure Gray remembers the word I taught him when I was with you guys in November... "Lady-Killer." -That is exactly what he is. He's simply gorgeous, and he looks so much like you. Mom looks so cute in these pictures too. And I wish you were in more. You'll have to do the old camera turn-around every so often so I don't forget what you look like! I miss you. All my love, Elle