4.10.2011

Jude's 1st Birthday!

I can't believe my little baby is 1! He is getting so big. Right before his birthday, he started walking all over the place, he got his 4th tooth and he learned how to say Mama the right way (he used to call me "Bob"). We had a party for Jude's birthday with our friends from the branch. They came over for dinner and cake and ice cream. We had a nacho bar, which was a huge hit, but my favorite was the cake. I've been dreaming of it ever since. I got the idea from President Monson's biography. His mom used to be "famous" for her three layer cakes which she would color with green on the bottom, pink in the middle, and yellow on the top. Then she would cover the whole thing with thick chocolate frosting. I had to try it. I used JoDee's white cake recipe, which is delicious, my mom's yummy fluffy chocolate frosting recipe and for between the layers, I made a sour cream filling. I must say, it was the best tasting cake I've ever made. Jude loved it! I have a video of him eating it which didn't work when I tried to add it so I'll try again in a separate post. I told everyone not to bring presents but two of my sweet friends did anyway. Melissa gave him this leapfrog which speaks and sings only in French. He loves it as you can see. Myril is givin him some vinyl lettering for his room.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You can make that for my birthday.