
Gray was assigned to make an Easter hat for the Kindergarten Easter parade. I wasn't sure exactly what this should entail, but I gave Gray the option of putting Easter grass and eggs all over a straw hat or to make a bunny hat that I'd found online. He picked the bunny hat, and was really excited after we'd made it. However, not long into the parade, he started getting slouchier and a meaner look on his face. I think he realized we'd had the wrong idea and he was none too happy with me. Sorry, Buddy. I will never use these pictures against you.

Glow golf! Nash still hasn't stopped talking about this. I think we're going back today, actually.

I wouldn't take any pictures of Jason because he wasn't wearing any white. I didn't realize it until we got there or I would have made him change. Come on, Jase. Glow golf? You've got to wear white.

Just another lovely May picnic (in parkas).

Our sweet friends from church, Lina and Jordan, volunteered to babysit for us. We went to this great place downtown called the Kasbah. We knew we were in for a treat when they brought the bread and it was fresh focaccia with goat cheese butter.

The day before Easter we all went to brunch at Blue on Water and then to see Hop. This place has some great eggs benedict and french toast. Get ready, Jojo and Papa.

This was the nicest day we'd had. We were so excited to be able to walk around downtown with a sunny sky and no rain or wind. We've literally had only a handful of days like this all Spring.


Easter Sunday. We had some friends over for dinner. It was my first time making ham and
my Grandma's homemade rolls. Luckily, everything turned out and it was a really fun night.

We had a new member over who is from China. I was happy to give him his first Easter basket.

This day at the park was so cold, you couldn't stand still.


You'll often find Halle just like this.

Gray is 6! I still have a hard time remembering. He's getting so old.

It wasn't Gray's year for a friend party, but my friend Myril asked if I'd want to do a double party with her son, Cooper. It was a lot of fun. I couldn't believe all of the work she did. She gave me my assignments, and then proceeded to do about 5 times more than I did. I would do every party with her if I could.

We're out of order here for a minute. This is the super cold park day again.

The Rooms. One of the few museums in St. John's.

A view of the kids' school from The Rooms.

Making time capsules. They are now "buried" in our storage room. They'll be fun to open in 10 years.

Jason's old office. It used to take him less than 10 minutes to get to work. Now he's downtown so it's more like 15. Not too bad still, but I loved having him so close.

What are brothers for?

We went straight to soccer signups after church (they were only on Sunday). I wondered what people were thinking of us being so dressed up.

Haircut time.

Signal Hill in the fog. No one told us that all of June, we'd be in the thickest fog I've ever seen. I feel like we live on the moors of England. I just finished reading
Jane Eyre (best book ever) a few weeks ago and then watched the BBC movie of it, and it looks just like here.

I had to take Gray to the hospital to see an ear, nose, and throat specialist after he got another really bad earache, and I just had to take a picture. Doesn't this look like a hospital room that you would have seen 50 years ago in America? Everything seems ancient.

Our library had a Mother's Day tea party. It was really cute.

I love this house. It's one of the nicer looking ones downtown.

Moo Moos Ice Cream. Pretty good, but it's no Cold Stone.

Here are a couple of really out of order birthday party pictures. This is a game we played where the kids had to use a wooden spoon to hit a balloon across the gym. They loved it.

The big boys were especially into it.

At a birthday party of a girl in Gray's class. The water was freezing. Jude and I stayed in for about 2 minutes and he was already turning blue.

After Halle's music festival. This boy, Liam, was in Halle's class. His mom said that he was "quite taken" with Halle. He came and played at our house a couple weeks ago. He told his dad afterwards that Halle waned to "ball dance" with him, but he didn't know how. He's a really sweet little boy.

Jude could spend all day in the sandbox.
3 comments:
Can't wait to come. We are going to have so much fun!!
I'm so glad to see an update! I love seeing all these pictures of your kids and your life in canada. I'm also feeling cold for you- I hope summer has come by now.
Also, your kids are just adorable. Gray in that bunny hat with that look on his face is just priceless. So funny. And I still think little Jude looks just like Brett's little boy. He's so big!
so cute. I'm in love.
Post a Comment