6.24.2011

Utah!!!

These are out of order because I forgot to put them in before. I took them from the video I filmed. This is when we surprised the Sundbergs. Halle and Gray kept saying they were nervous and excited to do the surprise. It felt like it took everyone so long to react when they saw us walk up. It took a second to register who it was since no one was expecting us.







I loved everone's reactions. It was so much fun to surprise them.

We went to Utah in May for Jason's sister, Karlee's, wedding. We originally thought that we wouldn't be able to go because it costs so much to fly from here, but when we decided that we just couldn't miss it, we thought we should keep it a surprise. Only Jason's mom and my parents knew we were coming.

The day after we got in, we went to surprise Elle at school. It was her last day of teaching and I was so happy to get to see her classroom and get a little taste of what it was like to be in Mrs. Pugmire's class. The girl is legendary at that school.



For their last day, she'd had the kids do Just Dance on the Wii. It was fun to have it life size on the wall. You wouldn't believe how Elle could "Jump, Jump" just days before her baby was born.



She has an awesome collection of ribbons and African drums that the kids loved playing with. They could have stayed there all day.






JoDee had staged a barbecue telling everyone that her sister was coming to surprise their mom. She had to do a lot of lying to keep this all under wraps. It was well worth it, though, to see everyone's faces.

We celebrated Gray's birthday there. This Jimmer jersey was his favorite gift. He wears it all the time.

Jude got a little birthday action, too. We couldn't have enjoyed this weather more. It was very much still winter weather in St. John's when we arrived. Utah Spring is my all time favorite.


Happy, happy boy.




These boys love and hate each other. It changes second to second. But, have you ever seen a cuter Buzz and Woody?

Halle and Keagan looking at flowers on fake Memorial Day. I'm so glad we didn't have to miss it.

We saw the play of Annie at the Scera with the Sundberg girls.

Halle loves Sadie so much. I'm so glad that we have her so she's not always completely surrounded by boys.

Gray is a completely different boy with Jojo around. He is such a Jojo's boy.

Nash ate about a pound of popcorn.The kids with Annie.


The best picture I could get of these eight munchkins.





Jude and Peyton Batman and Superman made a lot of apperances on this trip. Nash was wearing the Superman costume trying to get Boston to join him on the trampoline and said, "Boston, do you want to join my Superman. . .costume. . .festival?"


Batman was great at flying with his little flappy hands.


Sadie and Nash went on a date. Nash said they were going to get married because they'd been on a date.

The boys went to Provo Beach while the girls went to lunch and got pedicures.

Grandma's improvising when she couldn't find a diaper. Jude thought it was pretty cool.

Going to Karlee's endowment was such a neat experience. I'm so glad we got to be there.


At the reception, Jason led a mean game of Simon Says with all the kids.

Jude feeling like a pretty big kid.



The gift collector



The reception was so much fun. We loved the crepe bar and dancing. My favorite part of the night is when I took Nash to the bathroom and asked him if he was having fun dancing with Sadie because every time I looked in the room, he was chasing her around like he was going to kiss her. He said in the most dejected voice, "Yeah, pretty sure I'm not a very good dancer." I asked him why and he said, "Because her won't hold my hand."

I was so happy that Ellery had her baby while I was there. I got to be there while she was in labor, but had to leave for the reception, so I missed her being born. But, I was so happy to get to see little Ellie Layne before I left. She is such a gorgeous baby. Elle was such a champ. She had a fabulous first labor and BJ was such a great support to Elle. I love that guy.


Halle was honored to have the job of bouquet holder at the temple.

Ellery was the most gorgeous new mom ever. Seriously, have you ever seen someone look this beautiful the day after they have their baby?

On the way home. A very worn out boy.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

A few things:
-No, I haven't seen anyone look that gorgeous after giving birth.
-I really love Ellery's robe.
-You are skinny and beautiful and I love your wavy hair.
-I love that you got to surprise your families. Those pictures are the best!
-Who is Jude? I don't even know him. But he's really cute.
-Jude could be Peyton's brother. They look so alike in the picture of the two of them.
-I miss you and wish we could be next door neighbors.

love, sarah

Natalie said...

Looks like so much fun- I would love to surprise family like that! My favorite part is the nash quote, I can just hear him saying that, oh how I love him!

Ellery Pugmire said...

Katie, you're way too nice. But I love you for it. -elle

liz hawkins said...

I'm so glad I got to see you, even if it was just for a few minutes. I'm still holding out hope that we'll live [much] closer one of these days!!