2.22.2012

I Heart Valentine's Day


Nash carefully selected which bug he wanted to give to each person in his class. It was so cute to see him think about which girl would most like the spider or the fly. I wondered if his class full of girls was going to be a little grossed out by these. Nash thought they were awesome, though, so that's all that mattered.


Halle was so excited to give these friendship bracelets to her friends at school. She and I made 27 of these, and she did a good portion of them by herself. It made it so special and personal for her.

Gray was happy to find something that was cool enough to take to his class. We had a lot of fun putting all of the kids' valentines together. I think this will definitely be a new tradition for us. It's great to see the kids so invested in what they're giving their friends.

I love coming up with theme lunches. I didn't plan this ahead at all, so I wasn't sure what I was going to find in my fridge, but I decided that heart-shaped turkey sandwiches, strawberry hearts, heart and arrow shaped red peppers with pink Ranch, and chocolate avocado mousse with coconut whipped cream and heart sprinkles was perfect.
I really hope Jude never stops smiling like this. I can't get enough of it.

Dinner was a black cherry jello with strawberry hearts, asparagus with parmesan cheese, caprese salad, potato soufflees, and a little grapefruit soda. Yum.

This wasn't actually Valentine's Day, but I had to add this picture of Halle imitating the "Ooooooh" cat from Puss in Boots. Donny was doing this quite often over Christmas break and now the kids love to do it too. It's hilarious.

Ah, Gypsy Tea Room. This is one of my favorite places ever. Blackened salmon and warm bri wrapped in phyllo dough. Fresh focaccia with goat cheese, olive oil and balsamic vinegar. I could eat those items every day.

2 comments:

Ellery Pugmire said...

Oh, again, I can't stress enough how delighted I am to see when you've updated your blog. You are the best mom in the world. If someone document your life, and how special you make every single day for you kids, you would be famous. You are a world renowned mother. Your kids are so blessed to have you. I just will have to keep that on the down-low as my kids get older so they don't get jealous, and sad that I'm not as awesome as you. I love you Kate. xoxo,
elle

Ellery Pugmire said...

p.s.- Halle looks gorgeous in that picture.