4.29.2012

April Fool's!

This is a motley crew. I drew these mustaches on with washable marker before I went to bed. I was laughing so hard, trying to be quiet. Jason and I also switched Gray and Nash in their beds, so they woke up in the wrong bed. They were a little confused. Halle said when she looked in the mirror, she thought, "Am I still dreaming?"

Toilet paper squares on the ceiling fan. This was so fun. It would be really fun to do confetti for a party, if you don't mind cleaning up a big mess.

I loved having April Fool's Day on the same day as General Conference. It gave us so much time to do tricks. Although, Halle was nervous all day. She kept asking if there were tricks. "Are there any tricks in the shower? Are there any tricks in the food?" She was slightly on edge. There were no tricks in this food. Unless being completely delicious is a trick. These cinnamon rolls, while not quite as good as my grandma's recipe which my dad makes every conference, they take about 1/6 the time, so for me, they're perfect. Yes, we like frosting.

Underwear all sewn together on one long string is hilarious, in case you're wondering. The kids were all so confused about what was going on when they pulled one pair of underwear out of their drawers and got 10.


A great Conference activity: building a Lego temple.


5 comments:

The Baums said...

Super cute! You really are the best mom ever! So creative and fun. We loved the mustaches, Nash's was our favorite. Love you guys and miss you all.

The Rogers said...

You're on a roll! Keep 'em comin'!! Love the lego temple idea. Such adorable kiddos! Love the glimpses of your house in the pics. I hate that I won't ever see that house in person. Come back to the south, the south, the south!!! xo

Valynn Baum said...

You are sooo creative, Kate!! I don't know anyone who is more than you. Love you!

Sarah said...

I love all your tricks. I love how you really celebrate April Fools Day! I did a tricky lunch two years ago for my kids and McKay still talks about it like it was the best thing I ever did. Makes me want to get more into it. And I agree, you are such a great mom and so creative. I wish we were neighbors so I could keep learning from your example. love you!

Jules said...

I love how Jude's scowl goes right along with a mustache. :)