My sister, Jess, sent me this idea a year ago on April 2nd, and I'd wanted to make it all year, so when I realized that April Fool's Day was the day after I'd be coming home from the hospital, I was really disappointed. But, JoDee, my mom, and Krista all helped me put this together to surprise my kids. It was a lot of fun. I told them that we were having a surprise for dinner and they couldn't come upstairs until it was time to eat. When we called them for dinner, they saw this on the table and I told them that to celebrate Jude coming home from the hospital, we were having cake for dinner. They were really excited. When they started eating it, they were really confused. "This doesn't taste like cake."
It was actually meatloaf covered in mashed potatoes and roasted vegetables.
And mini hamburgers, french fries, and ketchup for dessert. These are vanilla wafers with chocolate ice cream, vanilla ice cream rolled in crushed Cinnamon Toast Crunch and strawberry sauce. April Fool's!
No comments:
Post a Comment