9.15.2010

One Last Fire Pit

Before we moved to Houston, I felt like we were doing all of these things for the last time. This was our last fire pit before we moved. My parents' backyard is on a big hill with some grass area and a lot of natural trees. At the bottom of the hill, is a fire pit, where you feel like you're up in the canyon. We love having cook outs or just roasting s'mores. My dad planned and prepared most of the menu this night. We had hot dogs cooked on the fire, baked beans straight out of the can, Pringles, and s'mores. I insisted on adding a veggie tray. Moms take the fun out of everything, I guess. This is the kind of thing that I miss so much about living away from our families.
Hot dogs that you roast yourself on an open fire taste so much better.
Halle had field day this day. She's wearing her "pop star" shirt that she made for the occasion.
Jude took a nap on the grass while the kids ran races around the trees.
While we were outside, Nash was walking along the neighbor's railroad tie fence and fell off, landing with his stomach on the wood. You can see the result. I felt so bad for him. It makes me cringe just looking at that belly.

No comments: