10.31.2010

Hello to Houston

Jason started working for ExxonMobil in May and the kids and I moved down in June. Luckily, Jay and JoDee were kind enough to fly down with us to help me with the kids and to help us get settled. It was so nice to have them with us for a few days. Nash loved the airplane. As we tookoff, we flew through a bit of turbulence, and he had his hands in the air going, "Woo Hoo!" the whole time. Still, if you ask him what his favorite part of Houston is, he'll say "The airplane."
Jojo is the kids sticker book supplier. She loaded them up before we left and they spent a good portion of the flights doing sticker books.

We got into Houston late Saturday night. Sunday morning, we went to church and then drove to see the temple afterward.

I'm so grateful that we have a temple so close to us here. I'm also grateful that the temple and church are the two places you can go that are always the same and make you feel at home. I guess Walmart's kind of like that too. Afterwards, we went and showed the kids our new house. They hadn't even seen pictures of it, so they were really excited to see it. They were thrilled with their new rooms. I wish I had better pictures of that, but I mostly just took video which I can't get to download on here for some reason.We had a lot of fun going to breakfast and swimming at Jojo and Papa's hotel a couple of times. This was after we saw Toy Story 3 and ate at Cheesecake Factory. Nash is decked out in his Toy Story shirt and light up shoes, which Jojo bought for him because he'd been admiring them at Target. I told her that I'd managed to avoid a single pair of character or light up shoes for 7 years and then we got both in one single pair. She said "You're welcome." By the way, Jojo, he still wears these babies almost every day. He loves them and I actually think they're pretty darn cute on him, too.
Our first Astros game!
The silliest monkeys in the place.This is such a nice stadium. We especially enjoyed the air conditioning after staying in our horribly hot little apartment for a few days. "Open your eyes, Ump!" Ah, a true Sundberg.

We had such a great time while Jay and JoDee were here. It was really hard to see them go. I felt so nervous about being abandoned and having the last little piece of home leave us. We were all sad when we took them to the airport. Gray clung onto Jay for a long time. None of the kids cried, luckily. I was worried about how I would hold it together if they started crying. I still didn't hold it together, though. All of the adults were crying as we said goodbye. I'm hoping that goodbyes get easier because I really hate them.

No comments: