11.01.2010

Hot Houston

Yes, we were warned. But, we really had no idea how hot June in Houston is. . .and July, and August, and September. These pictures were all in the first week or two that we were there, when I was a complete wreck. I was sick to my stomach most of the time for the first month or so. I really couldn't imagine that I would ever feel happy again. It was rough. Thank goodness I can't even remember what that feels like now.
Every week in the summer there's a free concert here in the center of Market Street. It's an outdoor mall with great shops, restaurants, and fountains in the center for kids to play in. We went swimming a lot. We ended up going to 9 of the 13 Woodlands pools that our passes included, plus a few other pools of our friends'. It's good to have the diversity, because when you swim almost every day, going to the same pool would get really old. There's just not much else that is even possible to do in that heat and humidity.
Poor Jude was constantly drenched in sweat. He had a pretty miserable summer. If you look closely, you can see the beads of sweat on his forehead.
And this is what he always looked like when I took him out of his carseat. We had only been outside for about 10 minutes when I took these.

This is the "Panter Pool" as Nash calls it. Nash kept hugging the panther and saying it was his pet. Every baby pool in the Woodlands has a different themed slide, and every big pool has either a diving board, slide, or combination of the two.

No comments: