11.01.2011

Halle's Spa-aaah Party



My Halle Girl is 9! I can't believe she's one year away from double digits. She's getting to be so grown up, but I'm glad she's not too old to come up at random times every day and give me a giant hug and say, "I love you, Mommy." Right now, I'm going to pretend that she'll never be too old for that.

Jason completely owned his job of creating this incredible balloon chandelier. It may or may not have been his ideal way to spend his day off, but I was so grateful for his help.

Spa slippers required.

It's so cute to me that it still takes her about 5 breaths to blow out her candles.




Halle chose the whole menu: turkey shape sandwiches, fruit skewers with dip, veggie straws, smoothies and coconut cake. Turns out about half of her friends "hate fruit." Who knew?



The Beauty Bar offered nectarine-scented soaps, salt scrubs and raspberry-flavored spa water.








Two of my friends, Juliet and Victoria, came over to help paint nails. I was so glad to have them there. It would have taken me a long time to paint 8 sets of toenails by myself.




There's nothing better than sipping smoothies while soaking your feet.




Happy, Happy Birthday Halle Dear!

5 comments:

The Rogers said...

Kate, you're the most amazing mom in the world!! Seriously, I need you to host my next birthday party! (Not for my girls, for me!!) Halle's sure a lucky girl! Hugs to the Sundbergs!

Valynn Baum said...

I agree with Jess. You are sooo creative! Everything looks picture perfect. I'm so happy that your blog is back!!!
-Mom

Ellery Pugmire said...

so cute. so so cute. I love halle sipping her smoothie. adorable. xoxo

The Wood Family said...

Nothing says Happy Birthday like a fresh coat of green glitter on your toes! Looks a great party!

Jules said...

what a cute idea for a birthday party!