1.15.2012

Nash's 4th!

 My sweet little Nashy Boy turned 4 in November! So, this post is really late in coming, but I had to talk about Nash before we get too far away. This boy is the sweetest little guy! I think he might forever seem like a baby to me in some ways because he is so mild and gentle in temperment. Don't get me wrong, he can definitely roughhouse with the best of them (meaning Gray) and he is a boy through and through, but he is soft-spoken and tender, which I love so much.
He looks just like his dad did when he was a little boy. Ever since Jason and I got engaged, I hoped to someday have a boy who looks like Jase. I'm glad I got him in Nashy.
He's my little cuddler. One of my favorite things is to take a nap with Nash during the day. I'll be sad when he's too old for those.
Nash is the sweetest big brother to Jude. He plays with him all day long, which is great because Nash absolutely cannot play by himself. It's impossible. I guess it's the product of being the third child, but he bawls when I suggest he go play with toys. "I hate toys! Toys are boring. I want to do something with a screen." I'm constantly trying to redirect attention to other occupations. I have to get very creative with him.
I love how he follows Gray around like a shadow. He thinks the world of his big brother and tries to be like him in every way. Halle and Gray have gotten really into saying "Jinx" when they say the same thing at the same time (which happens surprisingly often). Tonight Gray said something, then Nash immediately repeated it and said, "Jinx!" I don't think Gray was even aware, but it made me laugh.
He loves Mario Brothers, pizza, the color blue, dressing up as Dash and watching The Incredibles, watching or playing pretty much anything on the tv, computer or wii, and listening to Gray's cd player for hours at a time. He's very smart and cunning; a little too much at times as he finagles his way out of doing many things around the house. That smile has gotten him a long way in his life. I think 4 is going to be a rude awakening for him as he realizes it's not a free ride anymore.
And the last thing I'll say about Nash is that I love how he loves girls. I think having a wonderful dad and a big sister have really taught him how to treat girls. Little girls already love him and he loves them, though he won't readily admit it. He has a girlfriend in every city we've lived in. His marriage prospects are already quite extensive. He recieved his first kiss here a few months ago by a little girl in his preschool class named Hannah. She cornered him between the bookshelves at Chapters and planted one right on the lips. He was mortified. He later said that Hannah was "a nightmare" for kissing him. He said after that if she tried to kiss him he'd say, "No time for that!" and run away. He went to a birthday party for another girl in his school class on Friday night. Jason said when he took him in, all of the little girls were yelling, "Yay, Nashy!" One even called him "Nashy McNashy," which I quite like. Whoever ends up landing him is going to be one lucky little girl. Love you Nashy McNashy!
 This is Nash's pajamas 95% of the time. Basketball shorts and no shirt. Never mind that it's freezing outside and 67 degrees in the house. He'll pull his shirt off and throw it while we're eating dinner, or anytime he suddenly gets too hot. 
 On Nash's birthday, we went to breakfast at Blue On Water downtown. We love their eggs benedict and french toast.
                 In the middle of the festivities, we took a little detour to go to Gray's basketball game.
After the game, we went to see Happy Feet Two in "Max 3-D". Pretty cute movie. We took our own pictures with Santa on the way out. Never mind that you can barely see Santa in the background.

All partied out.

Nash wanted the same cake that Jude had for his birthday last year. It was a successful day.

2 comments:

The Baums said...

Really cute post! I just love Nashy! We really miss you guys. Glad to see a new post from you.

Ellery Pugmire said...

Yay!!! I love that post. Nash is so great. xoxo